My favorite scripture is Philippians 4:13… I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Believe me when I say I’ll be leaning on the Lord to keep me motivated- writing wise. Here’s a list of my writing goals for 2016.
1. I will completely finish my novel.
2. I want to self-publish a volume of poetry.
3. I want to start and complete a new short story each month.
4. I plan to start work on a new novel.
Now here’s a list of excuses that TRY to prevent a sista from being great.
1. Procrastination: I have to become more disciplined. Time isn’t a luxury and I can’t waste it.
2. Self-Doubt: I refuse to entertain self-doubt anymore. I’m bossome, damn it! I have some amazing stories to share. I can do this!
3. Health Issues: I will do as much as possible on my down days. There’s nothing wrong with taking notes, and researching in bed. I’m determined not to allow my health issues to keep me from reaching my goals. Jackie Collins- iconic author extraordinaire, wrote, and promoted six novels while battling stage four breast cancer. If she did it then I can kick some ass too!
4. Writer’s Block: I’ll take notes or something. As long as I keep writing the muse will always return.
5. Balance My Writing Resource Book Reading: Writing resource books are helpful, but I’m going to do more writing, instead of reading about how to be a better writer.
Cue the Rocky theme song! It’s on!